View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #13
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Is Rotten Tomatoes overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I like RT...I have found that the audience ratings are more in line with how I feel...but those are generally in the same area as the critics.

there are exceptions though...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/underworld_awakening/

Underworld Awakening
Critics: 27%
Audience: 62%

this is a type of movie that is suppose to be just raw action and stupid fun and would be impossible to get a monster score from critics, it isn't an Oscar type movie, but it doesn't try to be...

but the audience went into the movie understanding that it isn't trying to be a masterpiece, and it hit their expectations...so it scored high with them, and they are the only ones that really matter.

That's a tired argument prime.

For example:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/men_in_black/

It can be a stupid fun movie, but also be a good movie. The way it's built and such plays a big role. Underworld does not have those things.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote