View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #16
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: How far is too far to micromanage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
If there is a way to only monitor the employees while they are at work, then I can see it fitting in the job description. If it is used at all regarding your personal life, that is just wrong, and should be a sue-able offense IMO for invasion of privacy. And even then, regarding the use at work, it certainly doesn't equate to trust in employees, so even though I think the employers have the right to use this technology at work, I don't know if it is the smart thing to do for all businesses. If you are uncomfortable with it, I'm guessing others are too.

I like the word sue-able!

But I love the company I work for and I couldn't do that. I'm pretty sure the rest of the account mangers in other regions feel the same. We have a range of account managers from a 45 year old mother of 2 in Western Ontario to a 30 year old single guy who doubles as a bouncer in Greater Toronto whom I'd assume would like to keep their lives private. I'd have to consult with them on it.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote