View Single Post
Old 07-05-2006, 09:33 PM   #27
Tyquan1987
I airball my layups

It takes a lot to resurrect what was a dead franchise after the infamous breakup of the Championship Bulls of the late 90's. I give Paxson a lot of credit for turning this franchise around after all it had been through since the late 90's. People seem to think that just because the Bulls are makin a lot of noise this offseason, that an NBA title is imminent. My response is that I believe that they can, if the pieces all fall together. It's not all about the best seed or having the best record. It's about having a team that can contend in the playoffs, which the Bulls can do in the Eastern Conference after renovating the team while setting up for a possible steal next year if the Knicks tank and Greg Oden comes into the draft. Paxson is doing what he promised, and that was to make this team a contender. Applause to him for the job he anad Skiles have done in three years. Anyway, back to business. Everybody seems to think that the Bulls need to find a clutch shooter to look to at the end of the game........my answer is that they already have one. He wears no. 7. Just because he's young doesn't mean that he can't do it. That's something that has to be developed by being in those types of situations. Ben Gordan will be a star in this league. Everyone seems to have statements about their bench.........last time I checked, they had the highest(or maybe 2nd) scoring bench in the NBA. They lost no real important player save Tyson Chander, who they traded to get PJ Brown and JR Smith. JR can be in a star, but like every young player, he has to be motivated to do so. Given how last season ended, I think that he will be motivated to prove not only Byron Scott, but the Hornets organization as a whole that they were wrong to give up on him. As far as Wallace goes, the Bulls don't need him for offense.....they were in the top half in the league in scoring, and number one in defense. They did that without having a low post lockdown threat, and they get a player who is an accomplished rebounder, much in the ways of Rodman in the bulls 2nd threepeat. That only helps the offense, seeing as they were a lot of one and dones last year due to no offensive rebounds, which Big Ben can get easily. As far as Ben's stats slipping, that's due to the Pistons total lack of defensive intensity as they became what they most despised, a prima donna jumpshooting team. As far as a low post threat......what team in the NBA really has one of those? Except Shaq, Amare, Duncan, and at times KG, there isn't one of those cause the game is so perimeter oriented. The Dallas Mavericks made the finals without a legitamite center, and I don't hear anybody complaining about that. The Bulls are definitely playoff contenders, and a possible dark horse Finals pick. But do know that the Bulls are something to be reckoned with. With the speed, athleticism, and defense that's sitting in the Windy City, expect the Bulls to be in the Finals very soon representing the Eastern conference in the Finals soon.......if not this year.
Tyquan1987 is offline   Reply With Quote