View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #442
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Carmelo Anthony Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Melo is my dude, but damn he needs a muzzle......

"Now that I'm in the spotlight a lot more being in New York City, you've got multiple opinions," Anthony told USA TODAY Sports. "You've got everybody saying something about this, about that. For me, just play ball.

"What I realized, first of all, is to keep my mouth shut and just play ball. At the end of the day, there's no way you can go back and forth with everybody's opinion. I realize that."

But he pinpoints exactly when the "Anthony is selfish" meme began.

"Let's be frank about it," he said. "When it comes to the Knicks, we're talking about one particular point in time. We're talking about the whole 'Linsanity' thing. That's when it started. That's when it started to escalate as far as people saying I was selfish."

"Lin came and we started winning games and then we started losing games, and they could only point to one thing, which is me, the leader of the team," Anthony said. "They're not going to point to Amar'e. They're not going to point to (guard) Iman Shumpert. They're going to point to me. I accept that. It doesn't bother me."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/london/basketball/story/2012-08-03/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-olympics-usa-basketball/56747268/1?csp=34sports&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=fe ed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UsatodaycomOlympicsCoverag e-TopStori

Wait, why is that a bad thing? I thought he answered that well. That's like a QB acknowledging that he gets all the blame when the team loses. I thought he hit the nail on the head. He's pretty much saying, he knows that when the team struggles, he's going to be at the epicenter of the blame (which is absolutely true). He accepts that and takes it in stride. Isn't that what you want your leader to do?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote