View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 01:29 AM   #23
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Mitch Appreciation thread....

Honestly, Mitch is great at what he does, but remember it's his job to make the team better. Mitch does a great job but it doesn't surprise me that Lakers are landing all these pieces. He has a huge staff in front office, great ownership, great big market team to work with and a great team in place with a lot of pieces of work with. I am not one bit surprised that we landed Dwight. It has been in the talks for a long time now.

Two things to remember:
1) 16 championships to back it up. Great ownership that has done their homework when hiring their staff over the last few decades.
2) $20 billion tv deal recently and essentially 189$ million being paid just for player salaries next season alone (including regular salary and luxury tax costs) as somebody calculated on general forums. That is almost equal to the YANKEES TOTAL TEAM SALARY (no cap limit in mlb of course but you get my drift)!!

That really is something right there. Lakers can afford all that as opposed to a team like Orlando. This is not good for the small market teams at all. They fought over this and went through lockout over this VERY issue. Every other owner out there must have been extremely bitter yesterday. No wonder fans of 29 other teams out there are enraged over this. Just look at the gloom and doom on the general boards.

This will be the last super-team because the new salary cap rules are coming into play VERY soon. In 3 years from now, overly stacking is finished (unless if people sign for minimum money just to stack for championship). Everything in place for Mitch under current system. It's just willing to go with the gamble, and it's paying off so far.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote