View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #9
bigdaddyfunk
I hit open layups

bigdaddyfunk is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Struggling with Depression

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
Has anyone gone through depression before?

It started out with loneliness (friends moving out of state, friends getting into serious relationships/getting married), and now I'm just depressed all the time. I have lost interest in so many things. Just trying to listen to music or watching a television show I immediately lose interest and end up just staring at the ceiling or my computer screen. I have put on a lot of weight over this past year (went from 150 to 185) and just don't have any confidence in even attempt to get into a relationship. I don't mean to whine or complain but this just sucks. Any advice? Or ways of getting out of this?

Quote:
Let me tell you a secret.

Depression is a thing. OCD is a thing. Social Anxiety, all that shit. They exist. I'm not saying you don't have them, but for the vast majority of people I know who say that they're depressed, I have one response.

You're not Depressed. You're ****ING BORED.

The human brain evolved over millions of years of running through jungles and fighting lions and killing shit. Today we sit here on reddit. Your brain doesn't have anything to do with itself. There aren't any lions. There are no more jungles. Our society has degraded itself into mental *********ion. Television, internet, media, movies, music. It's just ****ing playing with yourself.

We are bored, and we don't know how to handle it. You think you're depressed? Drop everything right now and go volunteer somewhere. Go feed the homeless, go to the wartorn starving heart of africa and build a ****ing orphanege. You think you're depressed? Go look an AIDS stricken ex-child solider in the eye, and tell him you're depressed. Your problems? You don't ****ing have problems, man. You have no idea.

I challenge you, I'm calling you out. Go do something to make the world a better place for the people who have it worse than you. It can be something as small as picking up a homeless man and taking him to lunch somewhere. Or you can quit life and volunteer. And if after all that you're still "depressed" at least you have done something to make the world a better place.
It's like this. Your problems are ****ing stupid. That's the core of our belief. Your worries about if Becky thinks you're hot, or how you spend too much time online, it's ****ing stupid. It's *********ion. Go ****ing do something. Go do something beautiful. Then you can understand what it means to not give a ****.

I got this from reddit. Best advice you are going to get.

http://www.reddit.com/r/howtonotgive...o_give/c5sb2a8

Pick yourself up and man the **** up. Hit the gym. Focus on improving yourself. Go do some reading, learn some history. Life is to short to sit around pitying yourself.
bigdaddyfunk is offline   Reply With Quote