View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 10:20 PM   #19
imnew09
2*/5

Default Re: Struggling with Depression

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
This is true.

I have done a lot of volunteering. Like I said, I spent part of my summer in the Dominican Republic. I helped families with medical needs. It was awesome. I have also done stuff in Detroit. A couple of weeks ago me and my friend drove around in my Jeep handing out lunch bags of food and a nice cold beer along with extra military rain ponchos he had from the Marines. That stuff is great and all but then I immediately get that depressing feeling again.

I think what is really bothering me is not being in a serious relationship. I have always had a desire to get married and have kids. I'm a family-man type of guy. But I just haven't met the one yet and that's killing me inside. Especially when you see married couples that were once happy and now all they do is moan and complain about each other. They have no idea how lucky they are to have someone who truly cares about them.

You will find the one you love and who loves you back, it is just a matter of time. Stay positive and have confident in yourself are the tools to help you find the "one". As many have stated, exercising is a great way to relieve your stress. At times, hit up your friends and go out to the bars to meet new people; you will be surprise with the people you find in the bars. Have faith, my friend.

Last edited by imnew09 : 08-13-2012 at 10:22 PM.
imnew09 is offline   Reply With Quote