View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 10:10 PM   #85
JMEWLS

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* ORLANDO MAGIC game discussion thread. **including playoffs!

game preview:
Quote:
Detroit at Orlando, 3PM ET -- The AP reports: The Detroit Pistons would like a little downtime, something they haven't enjoyed since the All-Star break in February. They know how to get it, too. Detroit needs to sweep Orlando and hope the Miami-Chicago series extends into next week. "I would love it," guard Chauncey Billups said Friday. "I think it would be great for our guys to get some time off before the next series. I think we'll be thinking about that at the start of the game, trying to get the win so we can be blessed enough to get some time off." ... The Pistons, the top seed in the Eastern Conference, have beaten the Magic handily the first three games and essentially outplayed them at every position. If the trend continues in Game 4 on Saturday, the Pistons will have their first postseason series sweep since 1990, when the "Bad Boys" swept Indiana in the first round en route to a second consecutive NBA title... Billups has been better than Jameer Nelson at the point. Richard Hamilton and Tayshaun Prince have been more effective than Hill and Hedo Turkoglu. And Rasheed Wallace and Webber have dominated Dwight Howard and Tony Battie in the post.