View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 03:08 AM   #16
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Serge Ibaka has reached agreement on a four-year contract extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by coin24
Personally I don't think he's worth $10m per.. He didn't exactly have a huge impact in the playoffs/finals.. But I'm sure other teams would have lined up if they didn't lock him up.

I think him and harden are really only worth around $5m per year each..NBA, where role players get severely overpaid..

I agree, to an extent, because I think both are worth more than $5M a year in today's NBA. That takes me to my next point, though, and that in today's league, you're going to have to overpay for your good role players. Someone like Serge, who will only be 23 next season, has already led the league in blocks, and has shown an improved offensive game with a mid-range jumper that's pretty damn good for a PF.

If it comes out in the next few months that Presti also re-signed Harden, then it would lead me to believe they plan on amnestying Perkins after the season.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote