View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 07:12 PM   #13
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: We still need a backup center IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I probably would take Bynum. He has more upside still. Ask me after this season where we finally see him as a leader of a team The position is pretty good. Think about how many teams have solid C's. While there's not as many stars, there are a whole bunch of very good ones. Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum, Tyson Chandler, Andrew Bogut, Roy Hibbert, Brook Lopez, Greg Monroe, Al Jefferson, Joakim Noah, Kendrick Perkins, Chris Kaman, Al Horford, Nene Hilario, Marc Gasol, Demarcus Cousins, Emeka Okafur, etc.

There's a lot of young talent that could be really good too. Enes Kanter, Jonas Valancuinas, Andre Drummond, Bismack Biyombo, etc.

So while there's not Olajuwan, Ewing, and Robinson that's still a very good list of talent there. I think today's C's are just a bit under rated because with the rules of the NBA it does favor guards a bit more now. I think it could also be argued that PF is as strong as it's ever been, and there's plenty of those guys who will play C for short times during a game too.

Man....I am so very unimpressed by the entire group you listed.
Center used to be THE glory position in the NBA, now it's just same level wanna bees Where is a Wilt vs. Kareem showdown, Hakeem vs. Ewing
Shaq vs. Yao........I could go on and on for hours......been watching this game since 1960 and if the best you can give me is Howard vs. Bynum this year ....I mean damn, Artis Gilmore would rule things today.
Looking at that list again....in the heyday all but 2 would definitely be backup centers for sure. The center position has declined as bad as Heavyweight Boxing....or almost as bad.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote