View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 02:15 PM   #129
riseagainst
Lebron fan

riseagainst is considered somewhat coolriseagainst is considered somewhat coolriseagainst is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Things Kobe-haters say

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
I've argued this point countless other times in other threads, so I'm not going to do it again. And if you've read my other posts, you would know I'm not a Kobe "hater." I've never said Shaq "carried" Kobe during the 3-peat. I know Kobe was an integral part of those teams, and odds are Shaq never wins a title without Kobe.

My problem and "hate" is for the Kobe stans who latch on to things like "Shaq couldn't win without Kobe" as gospel without putting anything into context; like how his time in Orlando coincided with Michael Jordan's reign over the league and Hakeem Olajuwon at his peak. Shaq was very good before he joined the Lakers and Kobe emerged but he didn't win all because Kobe became a starter and was so good. While his stats in Orlando and LA were similar, he wasn't the same player his first 5-6 years in the league. It wasn't until he joined the Lakers did he become a more disciplined and dedicated defender, and developed a more refined post game; and about that same time another top 10 player all-time emerged and it created a dominant team.

great post.
But I think the only reason why anyone even says the bolded is because others always say "Kobe could never win without Shaq" or "Shaq carried Kobe", etc. You know you've seen things like that. It's just more of a counter argument against haters, imo, than an actual statement just in the blues.
riseagainst is offline   Reply With Quote