View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 09:10 AM   #2
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: When did you start playing basketball?

I began playing organized basketball in 3rd grade.

I think how good I am at playing 5-on-5 has to do with the ability of my opponents. I believe I'm well versed enough now to excel in many 5-on-5 games. At the same time, I think I've established my skills well enough to hang in games where everyone else may be superior to me, though I do not come across that situation very frequently, as I do not live in a minor league or Division I basketball hotbed.

I became skilled through many years of all forms of practice, play, exercise, and commitment. I shot by myself, I drilled with others, I played on official teams, I played in rec. leagues, I played pick-up, I worked on ball-handling skills in my garage, I jumped rope, I lifted weights, I set goals, I ran, I did sprints, I ate right. I'm not sure anyone that responds in this thread is going to have a simple answer as to how they became good ballplayers. It's almost always going to be a grand culmination of various forms of practice, discipline and motivation.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 08-23-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote