View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #3
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: When did you start playing basketball?

I started playing when I was in the 4th grade.

I am decent when it comes to playing 5v5 settings. I am not a ball hog so I bring balance to whatever team I play on. If I have a dominate player on my team, which my buddy is, I bring that balance. He likes to shoot, where I like to rebound, pass, get a few pts, and play defense. If I am playing on a team and we do not have a lot of scoring, I might score the first 8-9 pts, and let my other teammates get the remaining pts in a game up to 15.

I got pretty good through practice on my own, by playing against high school or college players (when I was younger), and by playing in high school and rec leagues. I even tried out for UConn back in the day when we had Chris Smith/Cliff Robinson/Phil Gamble. I was a student at UConn (1987-1992) and there were open tryouts. I figured that I had some game, why not! That was my wake up call.

Being 6'4"-6'5" in high school, you are the man. In college it is a whole new ball game.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote