View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 04:35 AM   #1
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Canadian National Team Invites

http://www.basketball.ca/canada-bask...letes--p151673

Should be interesting to see how this meshes out. I wonder if Steve Nash can convince the best players to participate, something the program has historically had trouble doing.

Jay Triano is now the head coach and that is a huge upgrade over Leo Rautins.

Most interesting invite is high schooler Trey Lyles (#7 ranked in the class of 2014), not sure why he is there and Andrew Wiggins (#1 ranked in the class of 2014) is not.

Notable omissions:

Andy Rautins
Jamaal Magloire
Carl English
Sam Dalembert

If This Olympic thing goes to under 23, Canada has a chance to medal, but I do not see that happening.

I'd like to see them take:

Cory Joseph (Spurs)
Kris Joseph (Celtics)
Myck Kabongo (Texas)
Andrew Nicholson (Magic)
Kevin Pangos (Gonzaga)
Robert Sacre (Lakers)
Tristan Thompson (Cavs)
Kyle Wiltjer (Kentucky)
Joel Anthony (Heat)
Brady Heslip (Baylor)
Khem Birch (UNLV)
Jermaine Anderson (Buducnost)

Working in Wiggins, and various other players still in the NCAA or HS. The real blue chip talent is still a couple of years away, and this current team will be forced to give way to younger, more talented players in the pipeline.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote