View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 01:43 AM   #127
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012 College Football Discussion thread

On the Tennessee/NC State game...is Tennessee that good or is NCSU worse than expected?

To be honest, I kinda thought Tennessee could be a surprise 7-9 win team this year. After running the Alabama/LSU/Arkansas gauntlet last year, they only have to play Alabama this year. Only reason I'd feel safer settling on 6 or 7 wins is because they have to go to Georgia, South Carolina, and Mississippi State.

They actually kinda sorta hung around with Alabama and Arkansas last year for about 1.5-2 quarters. They'd be just one or two plays away from making a game of it, then make a mistake and things snowballed from there. I know in the Arkansas game they were driving and deep in Arkansas territory only down 7-0 or 14-0 in the second quarter, threw a pick, and Arkansas tore them a new one the rest of the game. They were tied with Alabama at halftime then fell apart as Bama outscored them 21-0 in the third quarter.

They've got talented players on their roster and Bray has the potential to be one of the 3-5 best QBs in the country. I'm still not sure about Dooley as a coach, though, and don't know how confident I am in them as a second half team.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote