View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 03:46 AM   #275
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012 College Football Discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
So what happens when they face a better team that they're supposed to beat?

I mean if that's really the case I would suggest you lower your hope immediately because they will not contend. They aren't talented enough to be going around with that kind of attitude, and it speaks to the preparation of a team if they do.

OU has a bad habit of playing to the competition against a number of teams we should shred. I imagine you will see a much better and complete team in the following weeks. We can walk down the list of the top 25 teams and show a number who struggled against competition they should have dominated on paper (Georgia, Wisconsin, Florida, Arkansas, Texas, South Carolina and Stanford are examples). A host of other teams exploded on offense while their defense gave up a lot of points.

My hopes are always high regardless of what others think of Oklahoma. I'm certainly not happy with the results, but I hope this is a wake up call that this team needs to come out with a sense of urgency every single game. If this team struggles against Florida A&M then I will worry. If we aren't 9-0 coming into Morgan Town then I will be worried.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote