View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 01:21 AM   #308
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012 College Football Discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
who's your team? OSU? michigan? SEC doesn't bother me really aside from UF of course. i guess i'm supposed to be a pac-12 guy being on the west coast but i'm just not.

i said it before but FSU's success is really going to come down to their o-line. they were woefully inexperienced and injured last year. if they can take a step forward, it's going to be huge. last year, they just struggled trying to establish the run. the first real test will be vs. clemson but i see v-tech being the biggest challenge down the line. blacksburg is never an easy place to play. anxious to see how logan thomas looks for the hokies. hopefully, they can match the physicality.
I'm a Michigan guy, but that really doesn't factor into my absolute disdain for the SEC.

Of course, it is no secret that it is the best conference out there and has been for the last 7-8 years or so... But that doesn't mean I have to like the arrogance and propaganda machine that is known as CBS.

There is no other conference in college football that has a major network touting its every move and promoting all of its members way beyond anything that can be considered unbiased.

It is the FoxNews of college football.

Way back in 2006, CBS spent hours upon hours during its football coverage explaining why Michigan, who was the No. 2 team in the country, should not play in the National Championship game against Ohio State, who was No. 1 at the time and Michigan's only loss.

Their arguments centered around the fact that "Michigan had its chance at OSU and lost." And, "a team shouldn't get two shots at beating the same team and be awarded a National Championship for it."

Gary Danielson is the worst offender.

For the record, I agreed with those arguments at the time. I didn't think Michigan deserved a spot in the NC that year.

But, flash-forward to 2011... We faced the same exact situation with Alabama and LSU, except CBS was taking the exact opposite stance.

That replay of a National Championship was a farce and should have never happened. I was sick of the SEC before it happened, but that solidified it as public enemy No. 1 in college football for me.

I've just had SEC overload. I'm ready for another team/conference to step forward and take the mantle. Too much hubris down there for my taste.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote