View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 11:17 AM   #10
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default 1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean
Never heard that theory before, but I can agree with the thinking. But to answer defendish's question. Defendish, I have lived in Minnesota pretty much most of my life. We had the Lakers but they moved. My very first NBA game that I ever watched was a tape delayed Sonics game and they were playing at the Kingdome.

Long story short, I fell in love with the colors, the logo (you gotta admit the Seattle skyline with half of a basketball is sweet). The players; Downtown Freddie Brown, Gus "the Wizard" Williams, Jack Sikma, DJ.....I just loved this squad from that first game in '78 on, Even though we have a squad here in Minnesota now, I still cheer for the Sonics like crazy. And when we play each other, I just sit back and enjoy the game.

nice!

good to have fans in whatever part of the country

when they won the 79 championship, how did you celebrate? people must have thought you were a bit odd over there rooting for the sonics

we went downtown and drove around seattle honking the horn and yelling/cheering with complete strangers. it was the one time that the whole town felt united

the thought of them leaving makes my stomach turn...
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote