View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #21
magictricked
Great young streetballer

magictricked has a near all-star reputation heremagictricked has a near all-star reputation heremagictricked has a near all-star reputation heremagictricked has a near all-star reputation heremagictricked has a near all-star reputation heremagictricked has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Looking for a used car, between two choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by code green
Nowhere big, I'm a Networking Engineer major and the local community college has the nice combo of having one of the best Cisco programs and lowest tuition in the state. Got about a year to go before i get Cisco certified. And yes, N.E. does tend to rust out cars...my current car is still in great shape mechanically (150k miles, no lights on, no major work done), but the brakes, muffler, and now tire rod have all rusted to pieces. I replaced the muffler and brakes to buy me time, but i'm not about to sink another 600 bucks into a 98 Mazda 626 that'll need something else replaced...next up is probably the oil pan if the frame doesn't go first.
Save your money? Buy something that will get you by for now. You'll be going to school, cars going to be parked outside a lot, driving back and forth in the elements, school parking lots which are not known to be the friendliest of confines take their toll.
Why drop a sizable amount of cash only to watch it get beat on for a year. Either spend some of that on your current ride and run it till it drops or spend half of your savings on something you don't mind seeing get ruined. Then when you graduate, get that first job you'll have your savings and a paycheck to maybe get yourself something a bit nicer
magictricked is offline   Reply With Quote