View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 03:09 AM   #15
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Saint Players win on Appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
This is basically my thoughts....They had very little choice. If they did not go along with it, they would be cut, branded malcontents. The entire NFL culture is about following the coach, etc. Asking them to make a stand on this strikes me as unfair.

HOWEVER, regardless of this i think they should be punished for the consequences as severely as possible. I don't see any consequences. They didn't hurt anyone (correct me if i'm wrong here).

Because of this i don't see the need for them to be punished just for "following orders" when you can't even really prove if they did or not.

If the coach said HURT HIM and they did, id see both getting punished. But they really didn't. So its hard for me to judge the players intent.

The coaches intent is much easier to see they are not pressured to do this so i think their punishments are fine (especially since they were warned).

I do believe that the coaches should have been hit hardest. But these are grown men doing a job. I don't think they are for lack of a better term afraid or sub servant to their coaches at this level.

Beyond that if the coaches cut them then you have some angry folk with some information that you don't want getting out. S.M.U. folk know all about that one.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote