View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #11
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Reasons why Pau should play C and Dwight PF...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Well thats just it. You would rather have Dwight outside the 3 point line over Pau?

Pau can hit them sometimes, not always. And it is not the only place for Pau to score points. The princeton offense is a motion offense. It will present many opportunities for Pau to contribute offensively anywhere on the floor. The offense works for someone like him. Its Dwight that we have to worry about.

I sure hope Eddie Jordan and Bickerstaff will know how to manage this.

Edit: I know its been slow. Its nice of you to keep posting. Sorry if I came off as a punk. You know I didn't mean it ;)

OMG......I was going to post "So....you'd rather have Dwight outside "

No offense magicmanfan but when I hear someone talk about PER or +/- ratio I get This is the crap that stat heads and fanboys create to TRY to understand the game....to coaches it is sheer lunacy. If I EVER hear an NBA coach giving credibility to that stuff i'll know it's time to stop watching NBA basketball.
You just have to actually WATCH the game and learn it, there are so many subtle things that there are no stats for, and so many variables.

Forget about what you have read or know about the Princeton offense, they are NOT going to run it in the traditional sense, Pau will not be running around the perimeter much.......I wish they would stop calling what they are going to do "Princeton" because it's really not....it's a hybrid which will use some elements of Princeton. Like comparing steel toed work boots to Kobe 7's.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote