View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 04:13 AM   #25
knicksman
Good college starter

knicksman posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryknicksman posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryknicksman posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: New stats on Carmelo Anthony, Amar’e Stoudemire could unlock Knicks’ offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Shore
ha ha well you thought wrong. still, i guess being a playmaker is not necessary but since neither he nor stoudemire are playmakers it makes genuine chemistry between them and for the team as a whole a very big obstacle to success. in fact i had the same expectations of stoudemire when we overpaid him to come here, ie i expected him to be able to find the open man instead of barreling into the lane and shooting over two or three defenders. but no, instead we heard how he put the team on his back and beasted during his half-season mvp run. utter nonsense... he undermined gelling and exhausted himself in the process.

anyway, on the other hand the bottom line for playing team ball requires his being willing to move without the ball, find the open man on drives, find cutters, set an example on defense, and not hold on to the ball so long that it sticks or at least make quicker decisions. a lot of posters complain that the reason why melo doesn't pass the ball is because everyone is standing around watching him. that's a load of cowsh.it.

confidence in yourself is a good thing but thinking too highly of yourself is a bad thing.

I think amare only forced shots because he wants to break that 30+ record. But other than that, amare on most nights has been scoring within the flow of the offense. I love amares game. Hes like durant who doesnt need the ball to be effective.

With melo, I dont think he wants to play teamball coz his stats would suffer if he will. He refused to attempt less when he returned to the lineup despite the team winning without him. This guy really wants to be the man thats why he keeps on forcing bad shots. He made dantoni quit who tried to transform him into team player. And then let lin run out of town coz hes a treat also. This guy is just selfish. He has the tmac mentality thats why this team will constantly underachieve.