View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #9
Permodius
I airball my layups

Default Re: Has my jump shot form improved, and any critiques on my new form or dribbling?

So I've been shooting around the past two days and put into practice all of the advice I was given here. I particularly experimented on the way I brought the ball up. Honestly I was off when making that video and I think when I bring the ball up, it is usually aligned better and comes up without much left or right motion. I tried to make my shot more fluid or more of a quick release, but this would put too much power in my shot and I had to alleviate the added power by doing a combination of adding more arc to the shot and using less knees. Is having a quick release/ more fluid shot really worth me losing my elevation, or are there ways that I can have my shot be one fluid motion while still having elevation?

Another way I tried to experiment with bringing up my shot pocket was by having my form set perfectly when it was in the shot pocket (L shape elbow, spread fingers, cocked wrist, and forearm parallel to the floor). The problem was, that to maintain my form when bringing up my shot pocket I would have to stiffen it while I was in the air until I reached near the peak of my jump, then I would push and follow through. Shot my shot chamber (Point before release) really have to be stiff for me to keep the form? I have also been experimenting with my guide hand placement (I have tried guide hand on top of ball and guide hand elbow out, but most do not feel consistent as sometimes my guide hand collides with my shooting hand and I know that should not be), any tips on that too?
Permodius is offline   Reply With Quote