View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 03:05 AM   #1
dd24
College superstar

Default Artests Prediction

Did anybody see this?

Quote:
What he thinks about the team possibly not having Dwight Howard at the start of Training Camp:

"We definitely want to beat the Bulls record and go 73-9, that's definitely something that I want to do. Whoever is out there at the beginning of the season then we gotta get it. It's as simple as that. We just have to go get it. [Host: So that Bulls record is something you're thinking about?] No question. You try to snatch records before you leave this earth. You gotta try to do a lot of great things so it's definitely a goal. With Dwight Howard, [Steve] Nash, Kobe [Bryant], myself, Pau [Gasol] and then [Antawn] Jamison and a lot of great additions, it's something that's possible."

It's a long article.... here's the link: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...7706--nba.html

While I think it's great the guys are super competitive and want to win every game, I think the focus should be on the championship. The other thing is, making statements like that is only going to put a bigger target on your back. Teams are already going to want to bring their best to beat LA.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote