View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #43
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: my top-10 CB duos going into 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
That might be the most delusional statement you've made to date which is saying something. Please cite one instance when you've admitted you were wrong on this forum. If you're able to provide just 1 example, I will try to leave you alone, because I know I've been hurting your feelings a lot lately.

I am wrong all the time. I put myself out there and make a lot of bold statements, I misfire all the time but at the end of the day the difference between us is I have no problem admitting I'm frequently wrong and that actually lends me a lot more credibility than you. Where as you come off as a complete jerk that has a major chip on his shoulder. It's hard to come off like a jerk on a message board too, especially discussing football, think about that. I assure you I'm not alone in thinking this because me and almost all the members of the fantasy league thing you're a complete tool, they're just kind enough not to engage you.

"If I call you on things that you're wrong about, let it go"

Do you really think that's why I make fun of you all the time?

I make fun of you all the time because you spew statements like this

Who says that? Someone who is really spiteful, bitter, insecure, and angry. To get that mad about over some shit you read on the internet is really pathetic which basically sums up your posting career and I'd even venture to say your existence.

Also newsflash: You are not a scout, you watch the games with the same pair of eyes everyone else does. Your opinion is not any more valid then anyone else. You just think your opinion is worth more then it is, which is one of the worst traits a person can have. Anytime you've actually tried to put your knowledge to the test, you've failed. You've played in 3 fantasy leagues with me? (2 of which I won?) and every time you ended up quitting midway through the season. That's called being a bitch.

Football is supposed to be fun. It's not always about who is right or wrong, it's about enjoying the game. Lighten up or I'm going to continue to call you out, because you act like a real tool with a chip on his shoulder.

Funny enough I was wrong about Andrew Luck. I made a thread here when I watched Luck last year while he was in college saying how I don't see the best prospect since Manning some were saying about him.

I was wrong. I didn't appreciate the small things he does and his obvious leadership/the way he handles himself off the field. My expectations were so high that when I tried to evaluate him, I compared him to Peyton in his prime, Brady, Brees, Rodgers....and he came up short. Just like any other 22 year old college player would.

But that's something I'm happy I was wrong about. He's going to be our QB for a very long time and maybe help get us back to the top.

Lastly saying things that I outlined earlier (Harrison playing bad, 49'ers) is not making a bold statement. It's making a wrong statement.

It'd be like me saying you never take a running back in the first round, that's not how the Colts built their team around Peyton. Um, that's not a bold statement. It's wrong because we did take running backs in the first round, 3 of them actually in the Manning era.

Bold statement is saying something like I think player A will be a breakout player and it either happens or not. It's like saying the Lions will win the NFC this year.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote