View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #44
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: my top-10 CB duos going into 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Funny enough I was wrong about Andrew Luck. I made a thread here when I watched Luck last year while he was in college saying how I don't see the best prospect since Manning some were saying about him.

I was wrong. I didn't appreciate the small things he does and his obvious leadership/the way he handles himself off the field. My expectations were so high that when I tried to evaluate him, I compared him to Peyton in his prime, Brady, Brees, Rodgers....and he came up short. Just like any other 22 year old college player would.

But that's something I'm happy I was wrong about. He's going to be our QB for a very long time and maybe help get us back to the top.

Lastly saying things that I outlined earlier (Harrison playing bad, 49'ers) is not making a bold statement. It's making a wrong statement.

It'd be like me saying you never take a running back in the first round, that's not how the Colts built their team around Peyton. Um, that's not a bold statement. It's wrong because we did take running backs in the first round, 3 of them actually in the Manning era.

Bold statement is saying something like I think player A will be a breakout player and it either happens or not. It's like saying the Lions will win the NFC this year.

WTF are you even talking about?

You're bringing up something I said about James Harrison 4 years ago? Who gives a flying f*ck if I was wrong? You clearly do. SOMEONE WAS WRONG ON THE INTERNET..Hold the presses! I've heard you spout plenty of bullsh*t since then, but guess what? I don't care, nor do I care enough to keep tabs.

The current regime in SF (Trent Baalke and Jim Harbaugh) didn't draft Michael Crabtree you freaking dolt. They drafted AJ Jenkins after already having constructed a deep team and had no glaring holes. The statement you're citing is pertaining to me being critical of the Browns drafting skill position players while having glaring holes all over that team.

You need to consider reevaluating your priorities. What drives you in this world? Do you have a focus besides "proving people wrong on the internet"?
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote