View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
WillC
Local High School Star

WillC is considered somewhat coolWillC is considered somewhat coolWillC is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: THE GREAT DEBATE: Ranking the Greatest Players of All-Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive
It would be quite better to have a gremium of 10 people, who are educated Jordan, Wilt, Cap, etc homers, who are not allowed to vote for their respective favourite player.

Why?

It is exactly those types of members who have the most knowledge about their favourite player and, therefore, ought to be given the opportunity to share their wisdom.

Having said that, it doesn't mean they'll be able to convince me that their player deserves to be picked next. For example, jlauber might write a phenomenal piece about Wilt Chamberlain, but another member might trump him with an even more persuasive piece about Bill Russell.

I'll simply vote for whoever made the most convincing argument.

For those who wonder what makes me qualified for such a task, my answer is this: I am a teacher (which, in my opinion, is evidence that I am fair), I write for an NBA magazine in my spare time and have generally obsessed over basketball history for as long as I can remember.

But it is the views of others that interests me the most. Hence the methodology behind these greatest of all-time player rankings.
WillC is offline   Reply With Quote