View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #3
DarkSephiroth
Alex Mak

Default Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2

If you've been playing since T3, I'm assuming you mastered the bound system from T6, right? I am a VERY high level T6 player, and my buddy just brought over TT2 the other day.. In all honesty I don't really like it at all. I find the tag system to just be gimmicky to add on some flashiness to the combos and whatnot.

If you have experience with T6, you will notice that the instant you press a button, your character responds. For some reason in TT2, the timing is completely different. It's almost as if there is a fraction of a second lag for your character to respond to what you press. This causes the timings on my punishers and launchers to be a split second late, altering the whole juggle that I plan on. Tekken is all about reading and reacting, and in the case of TT2, I can still read people well, but reacting and punishing on a dime is WAY MORE DIFFICULT because you have to press the button earlier for your character to even respond in time. I actually find it quite ridiculous, and also it's no surprise that the top Tekken 6 players are struggling in TT2 against players they would normally have easily beaten...

Also, the effects I find to be a bit annoying. They changed the way hits make contact, and it looks quite a bit less epic now when you are hit by a devastating punch or kick. And, they seemed to make a conscious effort to make every character far worse than they used to be. The range of a lot of moves has been decreased, and the hitboxes are smaller, as well as harder to time. -_-

Last edited by DarkSephiroth : 09-25-2012 at 08:07 PM.
DarkSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote