View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #8
Jballer
Local High School Star

Default Re: Watching the competition in the East

Agreed Dumars took gambles on Charlie V and Ben G - but he is not so committed to his gambles that he sticks with the player forever....

(Cross Reference: Colangelo - Bargnani)

This article is at bleacher report today - a projection of bigest surprises of the coming season.

I am already on record as saying the Raptors made a mistake in the draft. I think we should have picked Drummond. I think with Drummond - even if we didnt keep him - we would have been a force in any trade negotiations on Bynum/Howard/Iggy or an upcoming trade negotiations for Gay/Josh Smith - hawks if they retool another way.

If this actually happens

___

Besides Jared Sullinger and Perry Jones, rookie Andre Drummond experienced one of the largest draft-night falls during the 2012 NBA draft, slipping to the Detroit Pistons at No. 9 overall.

With Greg Monroe by his side, expect Drummond to make a healthy chunk of those eight teams immediately regret not selecting him.

The 6'10", 270-pound Drummond may still need to work on his fundamentals, but he comes into the league with quite possibly the most NBA-ready body of any rookie. He's got the height and mass to throw himself down into the post and already guard the league's elite big men, even if he'll be taken to school by said centers every so often.

Monroe, Brandon Knight and Rodney Stuckey should be the Pistons' three offensive focal points, allowing Drummond to largely hone his attention on the defensive side of the floor.

If and when the Pistons unleash the Monroe-Drummond frontcourt, the size, speed and skill of the duo could put Drummond firmly in the NBA Rookie of the Year conversation by year's end.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ng-camp/page/7
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote