View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Looking ahead to the 2013 draft. Jarvis Jones, Sam Montgomery, Barkevious Mingo.

I'm really hoping the Browns target Jones. He is exactly what that defense needs. Our defensive front is actually very solid when completely healthy, with Phil Taylor, Rubin, Sheard and now the excellent start by Billy Winn... Plus John Hughes, Juqua Parker, Kitchen and Emmanuel Stephens who has shown a lot so far this year.

That is an excellent rotation for years to come. I feel like our line is pretty much set, not that maybe we couldn't use another dynamic pass rushing DE to put opposite of Sheard, but that is way down the list of needs

Linebacker is a different story. With Gocong's injury in the preseason, we have maybe the most underrated player in the entire league in D'Qwell Jackson surrounded by mostly spare parts. Scott Fujita doesn't have a ton left in the tank. Craig Robertson has looked like a potential solid starter in the last couple of games, but we have to see if he can keep it up. James Michael Johnson is another young question mark and the same with LJ Fort.

I have zero confidence in Maiava.

I feel like if we could add that dynamic OLB along with another top tier corner prospect, this defense goes from being pretty good to very good. It is only a couple of pieces away (assuming everyone can get/stay healthy).

Out of all the top prospects coming out in this draft, Jones seems like the best fit and we should be in a position where we can get him.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote