View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 01:38 AM   #2025
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
I don't know who you support, but if you do support Chelsea like I do, you don't have a clue about the club. Lampard is better than Ramires? Lampard should be starting in big games? Yeah, no thanks. I want someone who can track the ball and actually close down other midfielders. Lampard has been atrocious on the defensive side of the ball.

And Nick Young, Hazard has far and away been our best player this season. Its not close.

Not a Chelsea fan and, regardless of what you're trying to say, Lampard is the same.

I never knew Lampard to be a defensive player. What he is, is a hard-worker, an attack-minded box-to-box player, and a great slide-tackler. He's never even been like Gerrard, who could stick slide tackles on everyone, as he could always track players down and closed them down on lines. But Lampard times superbly well, can cover, and work off other people.

Frank Lampard is exactly the player he was 5 years ago. Ramires is great. I'm Brazilian and I like him, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. If what you want his defense, fine, but don't tell me he's as good as Lampard because he isn't and I don't have to be a Chelsea fan to be right on this. I watch the games.

There's also a great chance that you wouldn't need that Ramires quality if you played Romeu. Ramires covers up the ground that Mikel doesn't. Romeu is a natural DM and has remarkable positioning on both sides. Either way, Ramires is not better than Lampard.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote