Rate your conversation/speaking skills with this scale
Pick the one that best describes you. There is carry over...For example: #3 says, "You think you suck at holding a conversation". That also applies to #1 and #2 as well.
1. Usually has to clarify. Stammers basically every time you speak for an extended length(More than just "hey" or "how's it going"). This person has gotten completely stuck when asked a question, a question that if you were alone would've been easy to answer. Your conversations run dry before they even start.
2. Usually has to clarify when speaking for an extended length. Your conversations run dry very quickly. Somewhere between 1 and 3.
3. Either stammers or has to clarify more often than not when speaking for an extended length. You often feel caught off guard when expected to respond after being spoken to. You worry about what you're going say next. You think you suck at holding a conversation.
4. Either stammers or has to clarify sometimes, less often than not. Your conversations tend to run dry after a while and at least one awkward silence is guaranteed. On average, you'd say the person you are talking to is definitely better at holding a conversation than you are, even if only by a little. The person you are talking to usually speaks more than you do. You feel the person you're talking to often feels uncomfortable. If a group is formed, you probably won't lead it.
5. Your conversations for the most part run fluently. What you're trying to say is usually understood by the listener(s). You can hold a conversation fairly well but sometimes worry they'll run dry. On average, you'd say the person you're talking to is at the very least slightly better at holding a conversation than you are.
6. You think your speaking skills are around average. Your conversations tend to run fluently. On average, you and the person you're talking to say around the same amount of words in a conversation.
7. Fluent speaker. This person typically leads his conversations, saying more words than the person/people they're talking to. Sometimes what you were trying to say you feel wasn't fully understood. Awkward silences do happen but they're usually brief and/or not that bad.
8- This person almost always leads his conversations. Your conversations rarely if ever run dry and there is never an awkward silence. On average, you'd say you're definitely better at holding a conversation than the person/people you're talking to. You never feel like the person you're talking to is uncomfortable.
9. This person always leads his conversations. Your conversations never run dry and what you're going to say next never crosses your mind, you're immediately ready to respond after something is said to you. Your conversations go exactly how you want them to.
10. Never has to clarify, listener comprehends what you said right away. Your conversations go exactly how you want them to. This person has probably been complemented on their speaking skills in some way.
I imagine the most frequent posters on average are better communicators, but it could be the opposite, or there could be no correlation. I'd rate myself a 3