View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 02:56 AM   #101
Legend of Josh
Banned

Default Re: What do you think of Tony Romo? Top 10? Top 5? Your thoughts...

Top 5? You'd have to be a homer to say he's Top 10, MLT5. Let's all be honest here, Tony Romo fits the mold of "good old American boy" that a traditional Dallas Cowboys quarterback would, but his skill set isn't anywhere near the already established "elite" QBs and especially the up-and-coming ones. I honestly believe some other franchises would have already given up on dude and replaced him.

The NFL right now is experiencing an influx of QB talent and the position has never been this stacked and deep. What helps offset this depth of talent is the other end of the spectrum with the Matt Cassel's, McCoy's/Weeden's, etc. of the league. All this talent is unfortunate for Tony Romo, because it's beginning to truly exhibit just how "average" he is.

Personally, I'd say he's right around that Rank of 14-16 range out of 32. Face it people, he's the least best QB in his own division. The 'Boys will probably finish around 5-11 or 6-10, easily missing the post season and yet another disappointing year in the land of bright lights and big titties (Dallas; reference to Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2).

Tony Romo will never take Dallas to a SuperBowl, much less win one. Does he have the best weapons around him, not exactly, but he's working with some decent material. I like to compare Romo to Jake Delhomme - with Romo being a more polished and solidified version. When he's on, he can be a force to be reckoned with, and when he's off, got damn he's off. Case in point, tonight's performance.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote