View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #25
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: I think the Lakers were a tougher matchup with Bynum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
I actually agree against a team like the Thunder in terms of the one on one match up. Perkins guards Dwight very well and seemed to struggle a bit with Bynum. Plus they could conceivably get away with Ibaka on Howard for a few minutes.

The difference really is going to be Nash though. The Lakers didn't have a great playmaker for the bigs over the last few years. That should be huge.

Love when people take a firm grasp on this half-empty notion.

I'll take you to task. Kurosawa0, what is Perkin's greatest weakness outside of offensive interior skill?

Also, a side-bar question to OP: In reference to your assessment of the height discrepancy between Bynum and Dwight, did you know that despite Bynum's 3 inch advantage on Dwight, Dwight has a higher reach than Bynum? In other words, when both players raise their arms to maximum length, Dwight is the taller player. This is also not considering Dwight's substantially higher vertical leap.

Essentially, Bynum is the taller player in pure measurement, but Dwight is the taller player when put into play. A player's standing reach is more important than a player's mere height, which I'm sure you know.

Last edited by BlackVVaves : 10-04-2012 at 02:52 PM.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote