View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #50
Owl
Local High School Star

Owl is popular on this boardOwl is popular on this boardOwl is popular on this boardOwl is popular on this board
Default Re: Royce White: Releases Statement - Wants Private Bus At Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
lol @ these weed and liquor "solutions" being presented by ISH's mental health disorder experts. I'm sure weed and liquor would solve all of Royce's problems
Well, I'm sure they couldn't hurt psychologically speaking ...... oh, wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash
I remember soccer team Arsenal had similar problems with their star Dennis Bergkamp.
True but in sport where the vast majority of his games took place within one country (for most of his career a small country) where teams are transported by road, and with a less hectic schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
I have no problem with him wanting to get these accommodations, but why now? Why didn't he speak with the team when he first signed his contract? Sounds to me like he didn't want to go to training camp and he's using this as an excuse.
Bolded makes sense. It's not an excuse but this is coming out late in the day (not his anxiety and mental health issues, but specifics about not attending camp, intent to use buses). It does make worry whether there's a risk of him being found in breach of his contract. Obviously Houston don't want to cause trouble at this point, but if White isn't attending camp and especially if has trouble getting to games (and we don't know the details at this time so some people are dismissing him prematurely) but if he doesn't do what he's obliged to then ... well I'd be concerned for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Wow, some people here are ridiculous.

I actually think this makes some sense. I don't know how bad the schedule will be for the Rockets (in the future, maybe the NBA takes tis into consideration) but this makese sense.

And really, shame on his agent for not spreading the word. Common sense. Maybe even try to get him close to home. He was probably too scared of having the guy's stock and money drop. Should have been more concerned with the player and his needs.
Not the agent's fault. At all. White interviewed with teams. White is the one who should have communicated any wishes he had to teams directly or to and through his agent. The agent is his employee and will have done what was asked of him. Only if agents hushed things up, gagged him from speaking freely and have placed him in a contract he'll have to end up breaking will/would it be the case that they were negligent. There's a lot of ifs there.

Anyway I wish him well with his NBA career and more importantly with his mental health issues.
Owl is offline   Reply With Quote