View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #110
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Default Re: Barkley: ""I do think he can be better than Michael," Barkley said."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
Okay, fair enough. Like you said, technically, Jordan did win without an all-star teammate that year... that's if we don't actually put into context. My bad, it just kinda bugs me, since he was better than some players that did make the all-star team that year, regardless. I agree, people saying Pippen in an elite first option to be belittle Jordan's accomplishments don't have a proper argument to back it up. He will always be a great second option from both ends, not the undeserved propping up he gets.

Yeah, Kobe stans kinda miss out on the context part. I've also stated in the past that they were teammates before rookie Pippen that were playing better around that season and the playoffs (namely Charles Oakley), so it's dumb to say that "Jordan never got out of the first round with Pippen", when Oakley and arguably Horace Grant were better than Pippen that year.

Honest question....did you even watch Pippen's Rookie season?

the man played great in the Post season...and was a much better post season player then Grant....in fact he was a starter putting up nearly double double's..and coming up huge against the Cavs.

sirously..did you watch him play?
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote