View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #117
StateOfMind12
Banned

Default Re: Barkley: ""I do think he can be better than Michael," Barkley said."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevaeh
Jordan swept all of his Finals appearances against direct peers. No old players in their twilight years, no young bucks who didn't know how to handle the big stage. Jordan didn't choke, he "stepped up" or at the very least, still made his presence known through all of his title runs.

Lebron went invisible in 2 Finals already during his career. Those things tend to affect a player's overall ranking in a GOAT discussion. He'll be "One of Greats", but GOAT is already too late for Lebron.
See I don't understand this logic because since when was not making the Finals better than making the Finals?

I understand if you want to give Lebron a blackmark for his 2011 Finals but why his 2007 Finals?

Nobody expected him to go there and nobody really even expected him and his team to compete in that series. It is serious revisionist history to blame Lebron for his 2007 Finals loss.

Jordan's resume is practically perfect but my GOAT ranking is not based on resume/accomplishments. It is based on how good you are and Lebron could very well be better than MJ ever was.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote