View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #121
Nevaeh
National High School Star

Nevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Barkley: ""I do think he can be better than Michael," Barkley said."

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
See I don't understand this logic because since when was not making the Finals better than making the Finals?

I understand if you want to give Lebron a blackmark for his 2011 Finals but why his 2007 Finals?

Nobody expected him to go there and nobody really even expected him and his team to compete in that series. It is serious revisionist history to blame Lebron for his 2007 Finals loss.

Jordan's resume is practically perfect but my GOAT ranking is not based on resume/accomplishments. It is based on how good you are and Lebron could very well be better than MJ ever was.

Dude, it's not just about losing in the Finals, but it's how he lost in the Finals. He should have went out with guns blazing, being more assertive and treating each Finals appearance as if he would never get back to that level again. Did you see the numbers Durant and Westbrook were putting up in the Finals? They were young players like Lebron once was, but you can tell they were at least "fighting".

Jordan, even in rounds where he didn't make it to the Finals, fought tooth and nails to at least try to get there. That's the difference. When he did get there, Jordan didn't f@ck around or become an almost invisible Role Player when his team needed him the most.

You said GOAT in that first post. I responded with what I think separates "Great" from "GOAT".
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote