View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #91
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Royce White: Releases Statement - Wants Private Bus At Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Webb4
I wish that more people (who had this problem) understood that it is a behavioral disorder. It's not a "disease" as some people have described it as and it's very correctable. I'm living proof of that. Having said that, as others have said it takes major guts for a guy with this problem to choose a career like playing in the NBA. A career that involves frequent flights, a lot of media obligations, playing in front of thousands of fans, tremendous training schedule and pressures of winning, etc...I don't know whether he will succeed in doing all this but I do know I have an ultimate amount of respect for him for not giving up on his dream.

Yes, a disorder caused by brain chemicals which means it is physical. It's a physical issue just like blindness or deafness. He can't control it. The difference though is that there is a lot of help to turn to for anxiety.

Last edited by RoseCity07 : 10-05-2012 at 10:17 PM.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote