View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #36
magnax1
I can change my title

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Battle of the Power Fowards: Kevin McHale vs. Pau Gasol

McHale vs Dirk is probably a closer comparison. While McHale's prime was relatively short, you could make the case he was better than dirk's best couple years. More efficient certainly, a far better defender certainly, similar in terms of scoring volume and rebounding, but also a clearly worse passer (or more accurately a far less willing passer who had similar capabilities)
As for the Gasol and McHale comparison, there just isn't much of one. Gasol is the better passer, but pales in comparison in most other places. I don't see a situation where Gasol could be more impactful on his teams W-L record then McHale.
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote