View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #54
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Training camp/pre-season!

and another:

Quote:
Hayward, Marvin, Burks, and Carrol all hit the floor hard at various times (Carroll even dived into the bench after a loose ball).
Highlights for me:
*Kanter is a behemoth, and can dunk in traffic, set pics, and score off the roll. Extremely physical player, once he lowers his shoulder he is unstoppable. Made plays above the rim. Can run and jump much better.Definitely saw his mid-range jumper come out. Hits most his free throws. Gorgeous stroke.

*Randy Foye can play point guard. Even had a nice crossover. He can create his own shot, pass, distribute and even blocked a shot. I did not know Foye was this good! More importantly, he nailed some three pointers.

*Marvin Williams is extremely athletic, and extremely long. Blocked shots, made some alley-oops, hit some mid range jumpers. Excellent passer. Gets teammates involved.

*Kevin Murphy was the best shooter on the floor. Hit 3-4 three pointers, nothing but net (toe was on the line once or twice. Made two buzzer beater threes (almost, the second one was after the clock expired). Made a mid range shot and a floater. I was extremely impressed. KOC is really a genius–we have one of the steals of the very deep 2012 draft.

*Demarre Carrol’s shot has improved, but still isn’t great. Great hustler though, great competitive spirit.

*Alec Burk’s shot has also improved, but still isn’t as good as it is going to get. Burks had one of the best plays of the night–a fast break reverse slam dunk. Got the crowd on their feet. Plays with power and passion. Gets to the free throw line.

*Hayward was his usual self, doing a lot of subtle things that don’t cry out for attention but that benefit his team. As far as I know, every team that Hayward has been on in various scrimmages this week has won. That tells you a lot about the impact of Hayward. As usual, has a nice stroke and gets to the free three low line. Hayward and Burks have great chemistry when they’re on the floor together.

*Jamaal Tinsley is a stud. Can facillitate an offense, pass, get teammates involved. Blocked a shot and stole the ball a couple of times. In my opinion, he is far superior to Earl Williams (But he can’t alley-oop like Earl can. Because no one can.)

*Jeremy Evans didn’t have a whole lot of impact, but looks stronger and is more confident.

*Quinn did an excellent job running the point as well. Of all the unsigned guys, he impressed me the most. The big guy, Jackson also played well. Definitely a defensive force, very physical player. Very foul prone though, and not very athletic. Trey Gilder made a play or two, but overall nothing much to speak of. Whiteside was pretty much worthless.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote