View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 12:27 AM   #7
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Next Jacob Tucker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteballa
To keep this somewhat related and not a total shameless self promotion, and for discussion's sake, how many of you guys (the ISH posters) can dunk? And how tall / old are you? I'm a 5'10 white 17 year old so it's kind of unexpected when I do this sort of thing in a game.
Nicely done. I think I saw these clips in the Streetball section but dunking's something you should be proud of, so I've got no problem with you posting them again.

To answer the follow-up questions, I am 28 years old, 6'3'' and I can in fact dunk. I've heard of folks who dunk but don't feel a lot of satisfaction from doing so because they say it's so easy and routine to them... I'm definitely not one of those guys. I've been able to dunk since I was a 5'10'' 14-year old and it's a pretty comfortable action by now, but I still get just as much of a kick out of it these days as I did back then.

My dunking style is pretty conservative. In-game dunks are probably 80% one-hand, one-foot finishes. 10% are probably two-hands off one-foot. 5% are dunks off two-feet, and the last 5% are two-hands off one-foot with a Charles Barkley rim swing. I usually cannot come close to palming a ball, but it does not seem to have affected me too much. Though, with that said, the few times I have been able to palm a ball, I felt like Dr. J out there. Dunking was a lot easier with a palm, but less authoritative.

Anyhow, there's a .gif thread in the Streetball section, so here's my personal .gif from that spot:

Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote