View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 01:48 AM   #10
LakersReign
Banned

LakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Last Resort Discussion Thread: Plot discussion spoilers, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Watched episode 2. They really seem to just be laying seeds for a massive tangled web of plot points. I'm excited about that. I am excited about who knows what. Who did what and why, in the first episode you see the news report about Impeachment and all the officers standing trial... why? And what does that have to do with the Colorado?

But the plot thread I personally am most excited about is Captain Marcus Chaplin. Thus far he seems to be a serious force (played beautifully by Braugher. It's good to see him back, I always felt like he had potential if he landed the right role). His actions always end up making sense for the good of those around him.

But you see a hint of megalomania. A hint of maybe him beginning down a dangerous path. I will be excited to see what his character does. How he develops, and what decisions he'll make.

Yeah, glad I'm not the only one who saw that. You can see the groundwork already laid out for it, being that the XO looks up to him. But you can also see that sometimes even he doubts the Captain. The end of Episode 1 is where i saw that. Where the XO was like "we did all this to try to get home." and the captain was like "maybe this IS our home now." It's all sort of like "Crimson Tide' with Gene Hackman and Denzel, where the Captain has absolute say, and the XO is torn between obeying orders and doing what's right. Hopefully they let this show grow and it'll be interesting to see where it goes.
LakersReign is offline   Reply With Quote