Thread: Rank The Eras
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 03:39 AM   #14
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA All-Star

Deuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Rank The Eras

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongib369
1.80's/90's
2.40's/70's
3.90's/2000's
4.2000-Present u mad brah?

I rank the 50's, 60's and 70's 2nd for guys like Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, Nate Thurmond,Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem, Elvin Hayes, Wes Unseld, Walt Bellamy, Dr.J, Bill Walton, John Havlicek, Bob McAdoo, Walt Frazier, Lanier, Willis Reed, Elgin Baylor, Bob Pettit, Jerry Lucas, Elmore Smith, Cowens, Nate Archibald,Artis Gilmore, Sam Jones, Bailey Howell , Gus Johnson, Bobby Jones, Connie Hawkins, Earl Monroe, Rick Barry ETC

I also respect the fact that the guys in the 60's faced there piers more often than any other decade...For example, Wilt VS Bill 142 total games...Wilt vs Kareem in just 4 years 28 games... those 2 players alone =170 games. 16% of wilts games he played just 2 players GOAT players. And thats not counting other HOF centers...and all the other matchups of all positions facing eachother often..just used that as a sample....Not knocking shaq here but if Im remembering correcting, he didnt go up against his top 8 competition 170 times...

I respect this era big time dont get me wrong, and its HARD for me to rank them...Big men back then >>!! today thats for sure...Just my opinion I could just be bat shit crazy dont hate

Also to add just thought of this, a lot of the guys magic, Jordan, Bird faced in the very late 70's/80s were OLD 60s/70s players...they didn't dominate the league like it was filled with a bunch of D league players...Look at Era transition players Like Wilt, havlicek, Kareem, Gilmore ETC ETC and youll see that they could in fact ball in the later eras.

I'd say more and fine tune what I said to be more on point but I'm to lazy to write a bible
Thanks for the laugh
Deuce Bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote