View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #33
SHAQisGOAT
Decent college freshman

SHAQisGOAT has a terrific reputationSHAQisGOAT has a terrific reputationSHAQisGOAT has a terrific reputationSHAQisGOAT has a terrific reputationSHAQisGOAT has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Do some people really think Larry Bird couldn't dominate like he did, in this era?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
I am old enough that i watched Bird vs Magic in the 1979 NCAA finals so i remember Bird well. Watched his entire prime with the Cs.

He was a better overall player than Dirk for sure but not a better perimeter shooter than Dirk. Bird was much better in the post and getting to the basket than Dirk but was prone to slumps from the perimeter much moreso than Dirk.

What slumps? He shot like 47% and 37% from 3pt from '89 to '92, with a injury that would end most people's careers, overweight, the most unathletic guy on the court. You watch those games, the condition he was in out there is clear, but to still do those kinds of stuff, incredible.
Even in '88 when the back was already bothering him he shot like 53%/41%/92% scoring 30 PPG.
SHAQisGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote