View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #2232
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Zlatan was a pretty good player for us. Talented, a nice contributor (though not vital) to a couple of titles, part of a nice CL run together with Maxwell/Chivu/VdVaart/Litmanen/De Jong/Sneijder/Pienaar/Trabelsi. (quite the team :O )

But to suggest that he was remotely as good at Ajax as he is now is ridiculous. I really don't believe you were around watching Ibra in those days, sorry.
I never watched Ajax regularly in those days but I watched their CL games and most of their Dutch league highlights. To me a young Zlatan without this inflated sense of himself is better than this self claimed living legend, not saying he was modest back then though.
PS: You are making my initial post all about his Ajax days while I primarily meant his days after he moved to Italy to mature and refine his game.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote