View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #2232
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Zlatan was a pretty good player for us. Talented, a nice contributor (though not vital) to a couple of titles, part of a nice CL run together with Maxwell/Chivu/VdVaart/Litmanen/De Jong/Sneijder/Pienaar/Trabelsi. (quite the team :O )

But to suggest that he was remotely as good at Ajax as he is now is ridiculous. I really don't believe you were around watching Ibra in those days, sorry.
I never watched Ajax regularly in those days but I watched their CL games and most of their Dutch league highlights. To me a young Zlatan without this inflated sense of himself is better than this self claimed living legend, not saying he was modest back then though.
PS: You are making my initial post all about his Ajax days while I primarily meant his days after he moved to Italy to mature and refine his game.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote