View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #26
Permodius
I airball my layups

Permodius has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Has my jump shot form improved, and any critiques on my new form or dribbling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
looking great man, really big difference

everything looks solid. just remember to keep your form nice and tight until you actually shoot it.

you do a little hop forward, when your legs are gone you might notice your shot will start going short. try to go straight up and down. not a big deal tho, you have all the elements of a great shot in the future otherwise

This is exactly true, and I notice that sometimes when I shoot free throws I lean forward after the shot and lose balance, making me take a step forward. I know that this has been an issue of mine but I honestly have no idea how to stop it. It seems that no matter which way I jump I land ahead of where I jumped from. This even happens when I try it without the ball. I try jumping straight up while going through the shooting motion and looking at my feet, and it seems like no matter what I do I end up hopping forward. Can you give me any tips on exactly how I can condition myself to go straight up and down? This has been one of the things that I just couldn't eliminate and have forgotten about.
Permodius is offline   Reply With Quote