View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #15
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Preparation for High School Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Here's my embarrassing example - my teammate scored a game-tying basket with just 1 second remaining and while my teammates were celebrating, I fought every ounce of my body to not celebrate because I knew the game wasn't over yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cIv4IgLByA.

i loled

you look like you're on pain killers or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
For me, tapping into that next level meant letting myself fist-pump after a crucial block. Or maybe raising my fist in celebration after a clutch basket. It even meant responding to a poor call by an official, even though I knew nothing would be done about it, only because letting that emotion out will often keep me engaged in the game. It also meant not concerning myself with building friendships with opponents during games. The real ball players understand there's no friendship on the hardwood. As you discovered, those real guys understand there's a difference between "on the court" and "off the court". Let yourself run free.

it was always the opposite for me, not that i played at any high level or anything, but when i got irritated by a bad call, or wanted to celebrate after a big play, id force myself to keep it in, and i felt like that tension of holding back, gave me a great burst of energy

Last edited by chips93 : 10-10-2012 at 09:54 PM.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote