View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 05:11 AM   #9
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ever feel like you need a religion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Sometimes i feel like adopting a religion. Not sure what, but something to follow with rituals (or frequent practices) and a community. I can't imagine myself a christian or catholic, and many others i'm not sure of either, but i still get this inner urge to pray to something, but since i don't really believe in any particular higher being (other than energy), i just feel stuck in a void until the feeling goes away. I really can't explain it.

Hope you find what you're looking for...

Glad to hear you've acknowledged your desire to pray...

Here's my suggestion:

In a loud audible voice: ask Jesus if he is real... He'll answer that prayer (in time).

The problem with most people today (and sometimes myself included)...
Is that we all want proof... just as Doubting Thomas did.

Quote:
A Doubting Thomas is someone who will refuse to believe something without direct, physical, personal evidence; in other words, a skeptic.

Quote:
The term is based on the Biblical account of Thomas the Apostle, a disciple of Jesus who doubted Jesus' resurrection and demanded to feel Jesus' wounds before being convinced (John 20:24-29). After seeing Jesus alive and being offered the opportunity to touch his wounds, according to the author of the Gospel of John, Thomas then professed his faith in Jesus. For this reason he is also called Thomas the Believer. The Biblical account then reports that Jesus said, "Blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." This account of Thomas does not appear in the three synoptic Gospels.

I'm a doubting Thomas when it comes to the Bible... but I don't have many doubts about the resurrection of Christ.

The Gospel means "Good News".
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote