View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 07:36 AM   #68
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Training camp/pre-season!

Quote:
Call it Earl Watch. Earl Watson, the Jazzís veteran point guard, has dutifully given near-daily updates on the status of his surgically repaired right knee, and just as regularly has said he did not have a specific return date and that progress was ongoing.

Before the Jazz played the Lakers at Staples Center, he had something new to say: For the first time since April, he participated in basketball drills during Saturdayís shootaround.

"Thatís a progression," the 12th-year point guard said. "Thatís a big step forward. Pretty much everything started today, but weíre building it slow."

Watson traveled to Los Angeles with the Jazz for their five-day, three-game road trip and dressed Saturday night but did not play. Earlier this camp, Watson targeted opening night on Halloween against Dallas for a return.

Can't wait to see how long before he's whining because he's not playing!

Quote:
Watson underwent surgery in April to fix a torn medial meniscus. Saturday was the most positive sign that the guard is on his way to moving past the injury. The next step, Watson said, is getting the rest of his body conditioned to playing full speed again.

"It felt good," Watson said, "but Iíve got to get in better shape ó better wind, so to speak. Itís nothing like basketball shape ó you donít know it until you play it."

While Watson had been able to shoot and jog for months, Saturday marked the first day, he said, of being able to cut and sprint, putting full exertion on the knee.

"The main thing," he said, "is to get my quad stronger, get my hamstring stronger, continuing to lay the foundation for the season, for the rest of my life, so to speak."
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote